Becoming a leader for an SFC Group is no small commitment. You are the hands and the feet of Jesus and you will be representing Him and the SFC organization. We ask for very little from you but what we ask of you we expect you to excel at. If this is something that you have been praying and talking to others about and believe you are called to go forward with then please read the following expectations and agreements below.
Individual Leader Agreement
The purpose of this agreement is to build a stronger, healthier Christian community of leaders within SFC. It’s not meant to be a list of do’s and don’ts, but rather an honest agreement to respect others and honor God with our lifestyles and life choices while leading a group of SFC.
- First and foremost, as part of the SFC leadership team, I am here to serve and put God first in all things (before snowboarding/skiing, my job, this program, future plans, relationships, etc.) and grow in my relationship with Him.
1 Peter 4:11 “If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.” Matthew 6:33 “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.”
- Secondly, I hope to honor God in all of my decisions. I will take time out of my schedule to help others and share the gospel with both words and actions when necessary.
Hebrews 12:14 “Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy. Without holiness no one will see the Lord.” Ephesians 5:21 “Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.”
- I will be sensitive to my company and if I am old enough to drink, I mean to only drink when it will be of no offense to anyone around me. Even then, I will exercise responsibility and drink in moderation. If smoking, I will exercise the same responsibility and moderation.
Hebrews 12:15 “See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.”
- If involved in a romantic relationship, I wish to honor my partner and God in all of my thoughts and actions. I would also consider seeking an accountability partner/mentor of my same sex to advise me in my relationship.
1 Cor. 6:18 “Flee from sexual immorality…” Mathew 5:28 “But I tell you whoever looks upon a woman lustfully has already committed adultery in his heart.”
- I will commit to remain faithful to SFC for a minimum of 2 years (including summers) and develop my relationship with God in order to lead others in the Word and stay true in my faith.
Proverbs 16:3 “Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.” Luke 14:28 “But don’t begin until you count the cost. For who would begin construction of a building without first calculating the cost to see if there is enough money to finish it?”
- I will find a mentor who will hold me accountable in my actions and can help me grow in my relationship with the Lord. In addition, I will remain accountable to my area’s Regional Director and to my leadership team in order to ensure I am living life to the full, the way Christ would have me live.
Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.” 1 Thessalonians 2:8 “We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God’s Good News but our own lives, too.”
- I understand SFC’s mission, vision, and values and feel comfortable explaining and sharing them with others.
- I understand the SFC USA Director/Regional Director/Board has the right and duty to take the steps he/she deems necessary to help me grow (including relieving me of my duties upon the breaking of this agreement or the one below).
Group and Leadership Team Agreement
- We will seek to create a leadership team of at least 3 people.
We will see that our SFC Group will have at least one partnership with a local church.
- We will see that at least one leadership meeting a quarter will take place year-round.
- We agree that at least one person from the leadership team will meet with our area’s Regional Director (via video chat, phone, or in person) AT LEAST monthly.
- We agree to reply to all official SFC communication, surveys, MOM Survey, and reports within the timeframe established or one week.
- We commit to sending at least one person from our leadership team to the Snowboarders & Skiers for Christ Conference every year, wherever it may be.
- We understand that we are encouraged to read the SFC Trail Map and Group Leader Guidebook as it is a great resource for guidance, encouragement and problem-solving.
- As an official SFC Group we agree to uphold best practices for donor relations. This includes thanking each donor individually upon receiving donations.
- We agree that before we prayerfully decide to step down from our post as SFC Leaders, we will 1.) pray diligently for God to raise up another leader and THEN 2.) pass the baton to the next leader so that SFC can stand out as a stable, committed cornerstone within the often flaky, transient ski/snowboard culture.
- If we can not find a successor and we still feel certain that it is time to transition out of our role as an SFC Group, we will contact our Regional Director. Your Regional Director will know the specific procedures for dissolving a group (which may include redistributing assets) and will be able to walk you through the process.